Problem: Workunits for Infor Process Automation are sitting in Ready Status and not processing.
1. Via LmrkGrid (Grid Management), determine how many workunits may simultaneously process in your system. (see attached “DeterminingSimultaneous.docx”)
- Determine how many workunits are currently in a processing state.
NOTE: Please refer to attachment “DeterminingSimultaneous.docx” for instructions on determining simultaneous processes. In case you will need to engage support, you should screenshot this information to provide when you open the support incident.
– Command to count records in Ready Status: dbcount <DATAAREA> -f Status=\”1\” PfiWorkunit
– Command to count records in Processing Status: dbcount <DATAAREA> -f Status=\”2\” PfiWorkunit
– Command to count records in Completed Status: dbcount <DATAAREA> -f Status=\”4\” PfiWorkunit
It is a good idea to monitor and take counts of these records periodically. Are the number of workunits in Ready status growing? Are the number of workunits in Completed status growing? Is the number of workunits in Processing status equal to the maximum number workunits that can simultaneously process?
NOTE: If the number of workunits in Ready Status is growing and the number of workunits in completed status is not, then either:
- You have workunits that processing for a very long time holding up the system; use the Grid Management UI to determine which workunits are processing so long and determine if those are stuck in a loop; or if they are just processing normally large jobs. Consider cancelling the long running workunits, and scheduling them to run in off business hours.
- If you are on Landmark 10.1.0.x, there was a bug in this version of Landmark that periodically caused Async to stop picking up new workunits. This issue was resolved by a re-write of Asnyc and LPA nodes in 10.1.1.x Landmark versions. If you are on Landmark 10.1.0.x you should restart the Async Node, and the IPA node.
NOTE: The workunits that were already queued to an LPA node will not automatically start back up; the workunit polling frequency (default 30 minutes) will need to trigger before they are requeued to a new LPA node.