As of October 31, 2020, Infor is no longer going to support Internet Explorer as a browser for accessing Lawson applications. According to Microsoft, the end of life for IE will coincide with the end of life for Windows 10, so this is not a notice for the end of life for IE. This just means that any future Infor patches will not be developed to function with Internet Explorer.
Lawson has been stable in Chrome since the later releases of version 9. It is also supported on Microsoft Edge Chromium and Firefox. There are some things you will want to consider before moving to a different browser:
- Infor Lawson System Foundation (LSF) 10.0.X.0 release
- Infor Landmark Technology Runtime 10.1.1.X and 11 releases
- Lawson for Infor Ming.le 10.0.X.0 and 10.1.X releases
- Infor Lawson for Ming.le Content Lawson applications 10.0.X release
- Infor Lawson Requisition Center 10.0.X.0 release
- Infor Lawson Smart Reconciliation 10.0.X.0 release
- Infor Lawson Procurement Card Self-Service 10.0.X.0 release
- Infor Employee and Manager Self-Service 10.0.X.0 release
- Infor Lawson Contextual Applications 10.0.X.0 release
- Infor Lawson Mobile Supply Chain Management (MSCM) 11.X release
- Infor Lawson Point of Use (POU) 11.X release
- Infor Lawson Business Intelligence (LBI) 10.X.0.0 release
- Infor Business Intelligence for Lawson (IBI) 10.X.0.0 release
- All Infor Human Capital Management (HCM) products, including Infor Global Human Resources (GHR) and Infor Talent Management 10.1, 10.2 and 11 releases.
- Infor CloudSuite Financials & Supply Management (CSF) 11 release
- Design Studio 10 (the application) is going to continue to be supported in Internet Explorer
- MSCM 10 is not compatible with Chrome. Infor will continue to support Internet Explorer with MSCM 10 installations until the end-of-life for MSCM 10.X.
- MSCM 11.X (base, POU, and SIM) is compatible with Chrome, and it is recommended that you get to v11 as soon as possible! Contact us if you need help upgrading.
- Switching browsers should be pretty seamless. Just have your users spend a week performing their daily tasks in your organization’s chosen browser, and log any issues that arise. If they hit a wall, they can always move to IE until a workaround is provided.
- Upgrade MSCM! If you own licensing for MSCM, the update should already be available to you.
As always, check the Infor Lawson compatibility matrix to get the latest information in application compatibility.