Technological advancements of any kind should always be recognized for their contribution to society. In the healthcare sector, certain technologies have been essentially “life savers”. Writer Chris Odogwu shares a great article on makeuseof.com highlighting the best technologies that have improved wellness in the healthcare industry. This influx in healthcare technologies will continue to put a positive impact in our overall wellness.
- Artificial Intelligence. “Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been around for decades, and it has proven that healthcare technology can be an excellent resource for a better and risk-free future. With AI, you can recreate operational techniques, aid the efficiency of populated healthcare outcomes, and reduce burnout. You can now do away with those time-draining factors and focus directly on improving your health.”
- Personalized Wearables. “Personalized wearables have contributed mainly to the healthcare system. You can keep track of your heartbeats and other health-related data by wearing a healthcare device. With personalized wearables, you can become aware of your health status [in real time].”
- 3D Printing. “There’s no limit to what the healthcare system can achieve with 3D printing. It’s effective in creating visuals on bio tissue, blood vessels, and artificial limbs. 3D printing is a regeneration tool for human cells or tissues. It’s an effective remedy for diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and many more.”
- Amazon Echo Smart Speaker. “Amazon Echo brings a new flare to the healthcare system to ease health-related tasks. With Alexa on Amazon Echo, you can manage and control your blood pressure. Amazon Echo also provides live first-aid tutorials. This technology goes as far as helping to buy and manage insurance claims. It’s an excellent choice for older people.”
- Robotics. “Robotics continues to support wellness for humankind. This technology helps ease the surgery process, no matter how complicated it may seem. Helpful in avoiding physical contact with infected persons, Robotics varies and include pharmaceutical robots, disinfectant robots, and exoskeletons. The best part is that they work best for a multi-functional purpose.”
- Chatbots in Healthcare. “Chatbots are an intelligent resource for monitoring health. They consist of machine-learning algorithms that aid hospitality and help manage a healing procedure. Due to the sensitive nature of human health, it’s vital to seek professional advice on health-related issues. Chatbots ensure that patients get the medical advice they need without necessarily going to the hospital to see a doctor in person.”
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). “Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) make room for nonphysical interactions. AR helps users engage with digital information from remote locations in real-time. VR provides medical training and helps you become aware of diseases.”
- Technology in Mental Health. “Technology in mental health is a powerful form of medical treatment and an awareness tool. Some apps help relieve anxiety, with others monitoring your day-to-day mental health. Hence, the invention of AI, VR, and other digital healthcare devices is replenishing mentally.”
- Digital Therapeutics. “Digital therapeutics are different from regular healthcare devices. It must be software-driven, tested, and confirmed to help cure certain health conditions. Digital therapeutics takes the burden of undergoing complex treatments. It feels better to get medical help wherever you are when you need it. With this kind of approach, you can take better care of yourself with fewer resources.”
As time goes by, technology will continue to improve and continue to benefit our lives.