In his latest Forbes post, Barrett Cordero, president of leading global speakers bureau BigSpeak, shares an interesting article for entrepreneurs on the process of installing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems as stress-free as possible. Cordero and his team have successfully implemented their CRM software and is already seeing immediate return on their investment. Of course, as with any implementation, they had their share of obstacles, though Cordero’s team managed to have an overall easy transaction. Below are some tips/guidelines on how his team did this smooth implementation.
- Set expectations super low. That way, when things go wrong, you’ll be expecting it — and it won’t put more stress on your team.
- Make sure the system meets minimum work integration requirements. Define the minimum work integration requirements you need the system to meet before you launch. Don’t be afraid to delay the launch by a few days or weeks if needed — it’s more important to hit your minimum requirements first.
- Let employee experts lead the way. Ask for employee volunteers from various departments to train with the vendor. That way, they’ll be on the lookout for what solutions are needed to solve specific issues in their respective departments.
- Overcommunicate until you annoy people. As a leader, you will need to go over the information several times and then check to see if people understood.
- Keep pushing until it’s right. If you think all the heavy lifting is done in preparation, think again. When you install a system, look forward to spending lots of quality time with your vendor to get it right.
Implementing a new CRM will greatly benefit your business. Though you must be prepared for all the hurdles that come with it. With the few tips that Cordero shared above, you will be on your way to a smoother installation process.