https://www.nogalis.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/retail-technology.jpg 336 702 Angeli Menta https://www.nogalis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo-with-slogan-good.png Angeli Menta2016-03-14 16:36:002016-03-14 16:36:005 retail technologies that could revolutionize the in-store experience
5 retail technologies that could revolutionize the in-store experience
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, e-commerce sales improved 15.1% in the third quarter of 2015. Though e-commerce has been growing, brick-and-mortar stores are still prominent. These five digital technologies are are making an effort to bring technology in store:
- Interactive fitting rooms for shoppers to request immediate assistance.
- Beacons for retailers to reach customers on smart devices while they are in store.
- Interactive window displays to draw customers into the store.
- Mobile devices for associates to keep current with promotions and inventory.
- Heat mapping technology for retailers to better understand shopper movement in the store.
Brick-and-mortar stores have only recently begun implementing these new technologies, though it’s looking to be a growing trend in the retail technology sector.