Tech-Driven Education: Six Solutions For More Effective And Engaging Teaching
The ever-changing economic climate, thanks to technological advancements, has changed the way we teach our students. No longer is the traditional classroom with pencil and paper and dated textbooks the “norm”. There are more innovative approaches to teaching and learning thanks to the modern technologies we have to offer. From remote learning to technological teaching aids, today’s tech solutions have the potential to curate effective learning experiences. Slava Podmurnyi,CEO and co-founder of Visartech Inc. shares an article that delves deep into the ways technology is transforming the education sector, changing the ways of the modern classroom.
- AI-Generated Teachers. “With the integration of AI technology into the education industry, a new learning assistant has emerged. The AI-generated teacher is a technology solution that seamlessly takes over a lesson or course from a human teacher. This technology offers students personalized instruction and feedback based on their unique learning needs and styles. With this type of technology solution, students could build their confidence in speaking and then apply their skills in a real classroom setting with classmates.”
- Web-Based Conferencing Tools. “This technology offers fully synchronous and web-based teaching, which has the potential to be more effective than hybrid or dual-mode teaching. With enhanced visibility, interactivity, and breakout rooms, educators can deliver virtual sessions with ease and students can participate in real time.”
- 360-Degree Student Analytics. “360-degree student analytics provides a full view of students’ academic, social and behavioral interactions. Educators get data from various sources to understand their students’ needs and challenges better. With this view, educational institutions and online learning platforms can offer personalized study plans that are more effective than traditional teaching methods.”
- Zero-Trust Security. “With sensitive data such as student records and financial information at risk, it is essential to implement effective security measures. Cyberattacks in the education sector rose by 44% in 2022, likely due to the transition toward remote learning and the increased use of online education platforms. As a result, the education industry has become a prime target for cybercriminals. However, implementing zero-trust security measures could significantly minimize the risk of data breaches and cyberattacks. The zero-trust security model works on the idea that we should never automatically trust anyone or anything, and always check to make sure they are safe.”
- 3D-Powered Brain Breaks. “Studies have shown that it is nearly impossible to study for extended periods without taking breaks. In fact, a recent survey found that 91% of teachers believed that incorporating Brain Break video segments improved their students’ focus and concentration. To make these breaks more engaging and effective, 3-D technology can be helpful. For example, 3-D puzzle games or 3-D break journeys might offer an enjoyable and immersive experience for students.”
- Smart Campus. “A smart campus refers to an advanced technological infrastructure that leverages the internet of things (IoT) and other digital technologies to improve the operational efficiency of educational institutions. The technology solution is designed to automate processes, enhance communication and connectivity, and optimize energy management. In recent years, a growing number of universities and colleges have started to adopt smart campus solutions.”
The next generation and beyond will adapt a more digitized learning environment, and Podmurnyi insists we stay ahead of the curve right now. Communicating and speaking with the language of today’s students is essential for a more engaged and motivated classroom. However, he notes, we must understand that technology only enhances learning. Great educators provide the great teaching and motivation to their students in their classroom. We need to combine technology and excellent teaching to inspire students in their learning experience.