With the economy ever changing, so is technology and the demand for innovation and ongoing development. Nate Nead, CEO & Managing Member of the strategic consulting firm Nead, LLC, shares his insight on readwrite.com of the top trends in technology that we should watch out for in the next 5 years.
- Expansion Of The Metaverse – “We have been reading a great deal about the software development of the Metaverse and what the new Facebook initiative could look like in a few years. While it isn’t yet possible to live in the Metaverse, we think in five years, it will possible to fully immerse yourself there.”
- Edge Computing – “Edge computing brings computer processes and data storage closer to organizations and reduces response times and lowers the amount of bandwidth used.
- Drones – “Right now, drones are mainly used only by videographers and photographers. But soon, drones will be cheap enough that a lot of people will want to own them. And with improved technology, they will be able to be flown for many hours at a time without a recharge.”
- Blockchain – “Many of us only think about blockchain technology in terms of cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum and Bitcoin. However, blockchain offers many types of security that are beneficial in other areas.”
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – “Artificial intelligence will grow by leaps and bounds in the next few years. We think one area that will expand rapidly for AI is healthcare. With the development of artificial neural networks and advanced deep learning, medical professionals will be able to do intellectual tasks a lot faster. “
- Cloud Computing – “Cloud computing will only get bigger in the coming years as more organizations large and small put their data in the cloud and stop relying on local servers. We can expect a large transition to cloud computing in the next five years in many organizations, businesses, and industries.”
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – “RPA, like machine learning and AI, is another emerging technology that will automate many jobs. RPA involves the use of software to automate routine business processes including processing technologies, interpreting applications, manipulating data, and even answering texts and emails. RPA will essentially automate common tasks that people once did by hand.”
- 5G – “No list of emerging tech trends is ever complete without talking about 5G. This is the new generation standard in mobile comms that offers faster speeds and reduced latency. This is great news because so many of us use our phones all the time to live our busy lives.”
- Quantum Computing – “Quantum computing is a type of computing that uses quantum principles including quantum entanglement and superposition. This intriguing trend in technology is also part of preventing the spread of viruses and developing new vaccines. These things are possible with quantum computing because of the ease of monitoring, querying, and acting on data, no matter the source.”