When businesses were forced to go remote, many workplace routines had to adapt. That didn’t mean things like events/workshops had to end. Hybrid and remote spaces became the platform for business events and thus kept industry players in the loop even during a pandemic. Intrado Digital Media shares insightful tips on pcma.org when choosing technology for a hybrid business event. “With the right technology,” Intrado Digital Media President Ben Chodor says, “it allows you to seamlessly blend in-person and digital channels.” Below Chodor shares five tips to help you choose the right hybrid event technology partner.
1. Determine your event’s scope. “Don’t settle for one size fits all. Define your event scope and if it calls for a half-hour webinar, multiple days, or somewhere in between. The right partner can fit to your plan.”
2. Define your engagement needs. “Online engagement becomes more important every day, so with hybrid audiences, your event needs technology that caters to all. Consider how speakers engage with attendees, how exhibitors interact with attendees, and how attendees network with each other.”
3. Design for your audience’s goals. “Once you know how your participants will interact, you can begin to design experiences around their goals. The technology you choose should deliver for those outcomes.”
4. Prioritize leveraging data. “One of the biggest tools for hybrid event success is data—what information you capture, how you capture it, and how it informs future planning. Understanding how to measure the success of your hybrid event is vital to justifying ROI, and determining how to improve.”
5. Request a live platform demo. “A recorded demonstration is no substitute for the live experience your audiences and partners will see. ‘If they’re not willing to bring you into the environment live, don’t trust it,’ says Chodor.”