Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems can help your business integrate procedures from many different departments, save time, reduce costs, and increase efficiency. An article in The Future of Things highlights 5 ERP trends that you should watch out for in 2019.
- Additive Manufacturing – also called 3D printing, is making creating large-scale, complex, high-volume products faster and less expensive, benefiting the Manufacturing ERP field.
- The Internet of Things – Also in manufacturing, the Internet of Things (IoT) can make other aspects of business more efficient. You can use smart equipment to automate many actions and cut costs. Connecting these IoT devices to your ERP will give you access to convenient summaries and help you make the right decisions.
- Mobility and Flexibility – With many business processes migrating to the cloud, ERPs will become more accessible for everyone in your business. Employees can access the software from different locations in real time. This leads to better communication, profitable choices, expanded business, and adaptions to changes in regulations, supply, or demand.
- Better Analytics – ERPs are improving their analytics abilities to make management decisions quicker. ERP will eventually become a comprehensive data tool that informs decisions at all levels, from the factory floor to the executive suite.
- Industry-Specific Solutions – Many ERP solutions can provide industry-specific features. They let businesses avoid paying for additional software or customization. They can also provide a variety of different functions tailored to specific industries.
ERPs are becoming more user friendly, according to a Tech Pro research survey. With seamless integration and quality data running through the software, ERP will help you grow your company.