https://www.nogalis.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/erp-it.jpg 278 650 Angeli Menta https://www.nogalis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo-with-slogan-good.png Angeli Menta2018-05-18 08:03:502019-05-08 15:42:34Top 10 ERP Implementation Best Practices For Manufacturers
Top 10 ERP Implementation Best Practices For Manufacturers
New Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems get implemented and modified often because of constant business growth. When an ERP implementation starts with a clear business objective combined with insight, expertise, and knowledge of internal systems the probability of success exponentially increases. The following are ten ERP Implementation Best Practices on how to successfully implement an ERP system:
- Have clear business goals supported by project-based and operational analytics, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)?
- Benchmark current operations to get a baseline of performance to measure progress against.
- Rely on an organized stage-gate process that the project lead owns to keep customization requests to the implementation of scope.
- Consider hiring an experienced independent ERP consultant to add to your bench.
- Create, implement and track how communications and change management plans are working.
- Identify and reward the power users/super users who will be resources and trainers for the team.
- Celebrate team successes and explain how these wins will impact the company’s future.
- A project team may evolve but should never end.
- Avoid trying to “boil the ocean” when it comes to operations technology.
- Understand that Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Industry 4.0, and smart manufacturing adds another dimension of complexity that needs to be evaluated relative to business goals.
Just as every aspect of a manufacturing company contributes to customer satisfaction and delivering value, the truest indicator of a successful ERP system is that it provides stability and growth of the business for years to come.