Leigh Martin, Senior Director, Dynamic Science Labs, Infor discusses how big data analytics have gone mainstream, with the demand for people with the right skills to turn data into insights is scarce. Martin shares 5 skills that define a successful data scientist in any business setting.
- Great data scientists are good at applying the scientific method to business problems.
- Data scientists are engaged in earning the trust of the business throughout the life of the project and beyond.
- Great data scientists know how to translate the language of the business to the language of IT and the other way around.
- Successful data scientists know how to engage with business users.
- Great data scientists always push the envelope of the science of data analysis, and constantly learn, experiment and explore new information.