Database errors and security breaches have increased significantly in recent years. With data migration, vulnerability to error and hacking is a great risk. “We have seen a large number of breaches and failures due to human error,” says Robert Reeves, Co-founder and CTO of Datical. Often times, humans underestimate and rely too much on “technology” to believe there will be room for error, but you can still make mistakes. Reeves emphasizes the need to automate security and system standards to eliminate (or significantly decrease) human error. Below are five recommendations on how to ensure that new technologies and systems are properly automated and secured:
Most of customers have by now switched over to a Windows / SQL server environment, but we still have several customers who have stayed on Oracle for their Database needs. This mostly stems from having the Oracle skill set in-house as there is really no other advantage to staying on Oracle once you have moved over to Windows.
- Be sure to use a semicolon to end your statements. Otherwise the application doesn’t know when to run your query.
- Make sure the environment variable %ORACLE_HOME% is set correctly. ($ORACLE_HOME on Unix):
- To exit sqlplus user the “quit” command
- The SQL buffer contains the last statement you ran, and you can run the previous query again by simply typing “RUN” and hitting enter.
- User the LIST command to see a list of your most recently executed SQL commands.
- “HELP INDEX” shows a list of possible commands
- To launch a sql script simply put the “@” symbol in front of the file name and execute it. like: @script.sql or even @/path/to/script.sql
If you are upgrading MSCM and need to test against production data, you may want to have multiple testing passes. This article will help you to refresh your MSCM database, even if the versions differ. (The MSCM install procedure updates the database for you when an older version is found).
- Log into the server as Lawson (or as the install user)
- Open a command prompt as administrator
- Navigate to <installdir>/config
- Run the following commands
- Verify that the MSCM application has been removed from WebSphere
- Overwrite the destination database with the desired data set
The SQL Query Node can be used to query any SQL Server database.
- Either select the configuration name that contains your JDBC connection information
- Or select Override Connection and provide the override information
The SQL Query Node can run a SQL Query, Run a stored procedure, or perform a create/update command. If you are running a SQL Query, you can click the “Build” button to build the query in a GUI wizard.
In today’s modern tech world, all contemporary applications that exist use some form of a database, whether it be flat files, in-memory or NoSQL, small or large databases. In the next few months, Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) will be necessary for almost all modern apps, becoming the new database for the next generation of applications.
In order to get ready for this new A.I. era of applications, here are 3 steps to begin A.I. – enabling enterprise applications.
Step 1: Start Consuming Artificial Intelligence API’s (Application Program Interface)
Step 2: Build and Deploy Custom A.I. Models in the Cloud
Step 3: Run Open Source A.I. Platforms On-Premises
With A.I. rapidly evolving to become a core component to modern applications, be smart and get started today on exploring APIs.
“No one knows customer relationship management better than a musician,” says Fortune magazine’s Erin Griffith. When it comes to singles, record releases, tours and national events, band managers hope for an essential platform to track their fanbase’s complex analytics.
Pandora’s artist management platform, AMP, hopes to be that service to artists. This platform launched in October 2014, allowing musical acts to see where their listeners are located, how they responded to certain songs (thumbs up/down feature), and what other stations they subscribe. This information could help with song lists for performances.
With this new platform, co-founder Tim Wetergren hints that this is the start for a whole customer relationship management (CRM) platform for artists. Perhaps the ideal CRM platform they’ve been looking for.
There are several bumps that healthcare.gov needs to pave over to work more efficiently. One of those bumps is the fact that those filing taxes on their own are finding it incredibly difficult to get affordable healthcare plans. An example of a person in this category would be someone who is currently separated but not divorced from their husband/wife. Another bump are immigrants and those with twins, who also have a tough time enrolling in the website. Immigrants would have trouble when typing in their immigration number and would be meant with an error screen. Those with twins would confuse the website that wouldn’t allow family members with the same birthday to apply.
Federal officials have said that these problems have been fixed. However, proponents of the healthcare legislation have stated that the problems have only been diminished and are still there.