http://www.nogalis.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/5-ServiceNow-Tips-Tricks-I-Wish-I-Knew-When-I-Started.jpg 439 480 Angeli Menta https://www.nogalis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/logo-with-slogan-good.png Angeli Menta2019-05-08 08:04:562019-05-08 14:27:425 ServiceNow Tips & Tricks I Wish I Knew When I Started!
- Performance degradation? Forms slow to load?
Try following these steps:
• Click the Settings Gear Icon on the top right of your ServiceNow screen, next to your name. Then, navigate to the Forms tab.
• Changing the Related list loading from “With the Form” to “After Form Loads” for a slight improvement in performance. Changing to “On-Demand” can result in significant performance gains as this would change it so that records get loaded only upon click.
- Change the form view to a cleaner tabbed format versus the normal lengthy vertical layout.
From the same Forms tab in System Settings (refer to tip #1), we can turn on Tabbed forms to change to this view.
- Using asterisks (*) and double asterisks (**) for Reference fields.
In ServiceNow, searching for a record in a reference field will automatically use a “STARTSWITH” query.
- ServiceNow Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Quickly add attachments by simply dragging file to “Work notes” area.
Attaching files by clicking the paperclip icon and then browsing for the file is a slow process. You can
simply drag and drop the file you want to attach into the Work notes box.