There is an easier method with additional options to Submit ACA to the IRS. We’ve posted articles in 2016 before, but here’s the latest walk through.
UPDATED: Submitting ACA (Affordable Care Act) to IRS.
Once you have done all your Infor work to create your files for submitting to IRS, the steps below will help you get your file submitted successfully. The final files are generated when you run the BN299.
Download the schema package from the IRS website: Schema Package – IRS
Follow instructions on validating the files generated from Infor. See attached KB from Infor View Attachment
Example of file names:
An XML Reader Application is needed to validate the files. Altova XMLSpy application is a good program to use for this. Follow the steps in the above KB article to validate the files.
Once you make the changes that are noted in the XML Validator you will need to update the Checksum value in the Manifest.xml
Checksum verifies the integrity of the file. Windows has a pre-installed utility called CertUtil. HashAlgorithm choices: MD2 MD4 MD5 SHA1 SHA256 SHA384 SHA512. For our example, we are using SHA256 since our file generated with that from BN299.
From the command prompt:
- Browse to the location where your files
- Type CertUtil –hashfile <path to XML filename> <HashAlgorithm>
- Press Enter
See attached KB from Infor for details. View Attachment
- Locate the Forms XML File.
- Right click on the file, select Properties
- Locate the Manifest XML File.
- Right click and open using Wordpad
- Find <p4:AttachmentByteSizeNum> entry
- Replace the existing byte size entry with the byte size found in the Forms XML File properties.
In this example: Change Manifest Size: 4522 to match Forms XML File size: 4598
- Save update
And we’re done!